Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dinner?

So, I set out to make dinner tonight, all excited because it'd likely be the first dinner for me to make since baby boy was born. After entering the kitchen, I hear the sudden wailing of lil'S. (He screams bloody murder in his sleep when he's hungry. Pretty funny to watch when he wakes up and suddenly stops crying.) I head on into the bedroom, pick up my little Bundle, and return to the kitchen, unsuccessfully attempting to comfort my apparently STARVING little boy. One-handed, I smile and pull out the bag of frozen brown rice. SCORE. I don't have to figure out how to handle a heavy pot one-handed afterall! However, I did tell H she could help measure and cook the rice for tonight. How am I going to handle this one? I then pull out the buried frozen stir-fry veggies and put them in a more visible location in the freezer. Then, out comes the chicken breasts S picked up yesterday at Food Lion for *$1.59/lb* (YES, BONELESS, SKINLESS!!!)--nice, there's a couple pieces in a zip-top bag so I don't have to try to deal with a tightly wrapped package--and the bottle of teriyaki sauce. Open the zip-top bag one-handed, pour in the sauce, seal it back up still one-handed, plop it around on the counter to get it all mixed together, and, ta-da! I've got the chicken marinating for tonight. And everything else easy for S to throw on the stovetop once he comes home in 5 minutes because I'm obviously going to be nursing this still screaming child.

Well, I tried, right?? Kudos for me! ;)

And that screaming child? Well, I guess he just realized he hadn't finished eating after falling asleep half-way thru! Back to being Mom. . . . :)

No comments: