Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Party Planner

It's official. I am hosting my first little kid birthday party. The invites were emailed out this morning, and I've already heard yeses from five of the nine invitees. There's no backing out now! (Although I'm sure S would disagree.) ;)

I'm trying to just keep it simple. Starts at 3:30, let the kids play while everyone arrives, ice cream and cake at 4, and "over" (we all know "over" is very relative when social gatherings occur) by 5. Still, I think S might go into hiding during it.... ;) Maybe I'll send him off with Lil'S and have them bring dinner home when they return.

Any tips? I was planning on starting the ice cream right at 3:30, but I guess I'd better check a recipe first, huh. :) Next week's the big planning week, though. This week is already booked!

....did I miss anyone? We'll find out Sunday, I guess, when H goes to Primary. I'm sure she'll come home with a few more names.... :) The more the merrier, right? (Or am I asking for it?)

1 comment:

Megan and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday H!!! Doesn't 5 seem impossibly OLD? What a great idea for a present. I'm going to remember that, instead of more toys why not lessons of some sort. Brilliant! Good luck with the party :)