Friday, July 6, 2012

Lactose Intolerant?


Apparently she thought I needed a reminder.  She's probably right.
(My newest ADD attack method of note-writing
has obviously rubbed off on her.)

H's stomachaches that she's had on and off all school year seem to not be anxiety from her eye treatments afterall.  They returned full force after school got out, even though we were giving her an (unsanctioned) break from her eye drops.  (And her nail biting may simply be boredom, rather than stress!)  I realized while wondering what else has been different that maybe it's lactose-intolerance.  I'm that way, although not until my early 20s, S has developed it as well, although he's not overly sensitive like I am, and I have at least one of not two little nieces who can't have it as well.  H's had much more dairy now that she's home:  milk for lunches and snack(s), treats of string cheese when we've been out and about. etc.

I tried a quick trial a week ago or so, and it seemed to help, so I'm trying to be good and give her a full week off of lactose, although (yes, I know I've said although 3x now....I'm tired and in a hurry, goodbye proper writing skills) I have given her a sprinkling of cheddar and had her eat her "lactose-free" Yoplait yogurt in 1/3s.  (It's still given me issues, although minor, if I eat a whole container.)  I think the last time she hurt was Monday.  (Takes a couple days to clear the system.)  So far, it seems to explain it.

Laugh for the day:
"Mom!  Guess what!  They're singing on the radio songs I'm learning in Primary!  Our Church is a hit!"

I love living in the Bible Belt!

No comments: