Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm giving up. . . .

After H absolutely fell in love with a dog for probably the 127th time--a tiny Chihuahua puppy of all things--I finally gave in and told her that if Daddy--who has always wanted us to have a dog--and the doctor said she could have a dog, we could get her a dog.  (Both of us need allergy testing first, thus the doctor.)

Here is the video the two of us made together to surprise S with the request.



I showed S the ending when he came home from work.  I'm sure it was the last thing he had ever expected H to ask him!  What a laugh we all had!

I learned that H really does still have her priorities in the right order, though.  I later asked her which she wanted most, a puppy or a baby.  "Baby!" she said with a smile.  That made me smile as well!

Well, although we technically can't afford a dog right now, we're going to go ahead with the allergy testing--ha, if we can afford it!--so we know what the results are.  I'm sure I'm at least a little allergic, but I think I can deal with that if we have outdoor-only dogs, especially if they're the more hypoallergenic ones.  (I needed my inhaler after that Chihuahua puppy, but I haven't had noticeable problems after petting most other dogs.)  We'll see what the doctors say.

No comments: