Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Love!!!


Due to H being sick, we celebrated S's birthday in a casual way. He enjoyed birthday cards and phone calls from family, set up the Christmas tree, and even had the chance to play some video games. H and I gave him supplies for building "gingerbread" houses (read: graham cracker houses). He didn't want us spending money we really don't have right now, but I still wanted him to get to do something fun on his birthday with H being sick and all. He likes designing and building, not to mention eating, so I hoped it would be a good gift, considering the circumstances. Unfortunately, store-bought frosting isn't the sturdiest or fastest drying of frostings, and the generic crackers I bought weren't as big (or tasty in my opinion) as the Honey Maid ones like I had thought, but S and H still enjoyed eating crackers and frosting together. I told S I'd have to get him some Honey Maids this coming week. Maybe we can try again for Family Home Evening. . . ?

Thanks, Parents & Grandparents, for giving S the things he really wanted for his birthday!!! So far he's bought a new pair of earphones for his ipod, and he's planning on getting a new scooter helmet since his current one doesn't have a visor. I'm grateful someone can give it to him when I can't.

"So, where's the cake?" you just might be asking. Well, its absence is proof that I have ADD. I walked into the kitchen tonight to make birthday cake and dinner (while S & H worked on the gingerbread houses) and then debated over which to start first. Of course, I decided to get the cake baking and then start our quickie meal of chicken and pasta. However, once that decision was made, I promptly began making dinner! Ack!!! It wasn't until after we had finished eating that I realized my mistake!

So, birthday cake is coming tomorrow. I wish I could say I've invited our good friends to join us in our celebrations to help make S's birthday wonderful, but, back comes the knowledge that H's still sick (day five of fever), and bye-bye goes that great idea. I'm thankful S's a trooper. Notice that I'm the one complaining on here, rather than him? ;)


S & H making their houses.






Oops! Well, he tried!


Plan B: 2-D house

H's idea of making houses

No comments: