Friday, December 11, 2009

Here's the house!



Quickie panorama shot, just to give you an idea of what the place is like. I think this is the better view. Double click any panoramas to see a larger version of them.

Another quickie panoramic from another vantage point. All the back trees on the left are on our property, and there's a small creek that runs in front of them when it rains. :) Fun, eh? The yard was really a buying point for us. Much as it needs some work, there's a lot there already that we just love.

Side porch that we use as the main entrance for now. When you walk in, there's a vinyl entryway and carpeted family room that runs the depth of the house, which we're trying to get all arranged first. Eventually we'll get the sitting room looking nice and make a pathway outside from the driveway to the front door, but again, that's e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y. As for now, I'm growing a baby and am proud of how much I have gotten done in the house!

View opposite the side porch. Sure, we need to fix the shed doors, but they give Mitzie a safe hiding place from stray dogs for now. (Which I'm glad to say I've only seen one or two of.)

Quickie panorama shot again. I would have taken many more picts around the backyard to really give you an idea of what it's like, but it was really cold out (yeah, yeah, for NC!) and my camera batteries and I were freezing! The black bin on the far right is our compost bin. :) Hope it works! And the fenced in area is just the right size for little ones.

After living in apartments and playing on sidewalks all her life, Hannah seriously didn't think the yard was for playing in. I remember trying to convince her to join me in kicking a ball around the fenced area instead of only on the deck, and she was like, No, we kick the ball up here! Why do you want to go down there? It took the visit of a friend for her to get used to playing at the side of the house, and then after a little coaxing, I got the two of them playing in the front yard as well. I think I had to use the excuse that it was sunnier there, and thus warmer, on that chilly fall day.

No comments: