Friday, June 10, 2011

Delivered from Distraction

Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit DisorderDelivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder by Edward M. Hallowell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So thrilled to finally have this book. (WHAT! It was published six years ago! Why didn't I know about it sooner! Oh, yeah, I guess I did see it last year as an Amazon suggestion when I was checking out ADD books. Too bad I only thought, "Ha, great title" and didn't continue contemplating it long enough to make the connection between it and the other classic ADD book, Driven to Distraction, sitting on my nightstand...Sheesh. I even thought, after finishing that book, "But, wait! A few pages is all you're going to give on what to do to survive ADD?! Where's the rest!?!" As I said before, I am THRILLED to finally have this book!!!)

This is ADD expert Edward M. Hallowell's sequel to Driven to Distraction. Chapters are quick and engaging, covering a wide variety of ADD-impacted areas in life: pretty much everything from why families affected by ADD are so explosive (and how to get them on the mend) to the genetics of ADD (and that tv could very well trigger those ADD genes in young children)........to how omega 3s just might be a major component to ADD treatment.....even to topics that conservative me wouldn't exactly discuss in public but would encourage others to read for themselves. For those with ADD who don't read, there's even a chapter--just one little chapter--written especially for you. :) Go to!

So far, great read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: