Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sigh....

It's started early this year.....

AIR QUALITY ALERT
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
811 AM EDT TUE JUN 7 2011
..AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

THE NORTH CAROLINA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL RESOURCES
IN RALEIGH NC HAS ISSUED A CODE ORANGE AIR QUALITY ACTION DAY FOR
GROUND LEVEL OZONE...IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS EVENING.

Usually we don't start getting code orange air days until mid-July or August, and we've had them nearly every day since May 31st.....No, actually, maybe we did have one prior year, of our four years here, that started up in June......but still, it's sad to be cooped up. I mean, we're far enough away from Raleigh that you'd think we'd be okay, but when the air here takes on that orange-ish, hazy look to it (yes, aroun), I'd rather just trust that the warning extends our way.

I'm grateful we got out and enjoyed the spring while it lasted!!!

2 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh sad! So is this how it is all summer long? I hope not!!!
Hey I read an article to the boys from the June Friend today & the author was Rebecca Shaw so naturally I thought of you ;-)

Southern Spud said...

I'm hoping not too!

Oh, funny! Nope, wasn't me, but I've considered it. (I did creative writing in school.) I'll have to grab our friend...I was just looking through it last night myself but apparently missed that. I DID see "Hannah's New Dress" which I was thrilled about as I made the mistake of buying H a couple tank dresses at the thrift store, and little Miss has been fighting me about wearing them with t-shirts. I hope it helps! (I'm thinking if I bring up the topic it won't, but if she brings the article to me to read, then maybe it will.) ;)