Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Grade!!!



It's finally here, and H's oh, so happy!


There she goes!

Everyone but sleeping Baby N was there to see her off. 


Apparently our train-and truck-obsessed little boy liked getting to see the school bus.  (Turn your volume all the way up if you can't hear him. ;) )


She's home!

Just a clip of the 5min. vid I took after she got home.  I started recording a bit late, so as clarification, I had asked her how her first day was and when it starts, I'm repeating back to her what she said for the sake of the viewers.

I'm so excited for her to be back in school, but I'm also very concerned about her being back in school.  Like last year, sleep is still an issue.  How much can she handle with the amount of sleep she IS able to get?  She's been waking nightly--which she only does when sleep deprived--since the last few weeks of school, and she's rarely gone without doing so the whole summer long.  It's hard to tell from the movie, but immediately after getting off the bus, she was fighting off tears.  She still spoke positively about her day, which is a good sign, and I was definitely doing my best to just show excitement for her first day, as worried as I was.  However, after we went inside and she got settled (which took forever for shoes, lunch bag, school folder, backpack, etc, so I got a bit frustrated and lost my temper a bit with us taking so long, which probably didn't help the following), she told me she had a headache.  She's never had a headache before.  I got her some Tylenol while she lied down for a bit.  Not a good way to start to the new year--my part or hers.  Gratefully, the past couple afternoons have been better, although not without their moments of fatigue and moments of wired-tiredness.

Hopefully the benefits of attending school will outweigh these challenges!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

E has that same dress that Hannah is wearing - it is one of her (and my) favorites!