Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

I love receiving all the cute pictures of kids dressed up for Halloween!  It's so fun!  Our dear friends M & A let us crash their place, and A was a sweetie and pulled out her camera for us.  It's a film one, so we'll get pictures posted eventually.  Sorry, ya'll.   

M&A's neighbor M came over with her little girl CJ.  She's a little under two, I think.  She and H had some . . . spats? . . . where we kept ending up with candy Nerds all over the floor.  They were sure buddies when the trick or treating started up, though.

Am I a bad mom if I let my daughter eat all of her Halloween candy in one night?  Well, that's what I'm letting her do.  I've been sick the past two weeks, S is now sick, and H woke up while moving her in from the car.  So, she's at the kitchen table, doing Cookie Monster impressions with her candy.  How can I say 'no' to that?  I'm not up to much of a fight anyway. 

H just came to me with a box of Nerds, saying (as well as she can say it) "Cloey Jane? Cloey Jane?"  
"Is that a box of Nerds?"
"Cloey Jane"
Light turns on in Mommy's head: "Oh, are those Cloey Jane's?"
"Yeah," H replies with a pout.  
"Do we need to go give them back to her?"
"Yeah," H answers, still with a pout.  
"Okay. We can take them back to her."
She then turns around and walks back to the table responding, "No, me um." (um=candy)

Funny kid....

Well, she's got the Nerd box open.  Slow mama. . . . Time for bed!

No comments: