Saturday, January 9, 2010

This Week's Commentary

Funny or interesting moments from this week:

I peeked into the bathroom the other night to see what Daddy & H were up to. Supposedly Daddy was helping H get ready for bed. This is what I found. . . . (The hand holding thing H has picked up from watching The Sound of Music last week.)
Daddy enjoying some free time tonight. :)
I just have to insert how much I love my husband and what a great blessing he is in my life. He's such a huge help--with everything! He listens to me as I blab, vent, laugh, and cry. He's a great sounding board, even if I don't take his suggestions 100% of the time. ;) (Probably 65% of the time, though!) He puts up with having Mitzie around, and he even pampers her by giving her his leftover cereal milk in the mornings and letting her sit on his lap if he's at the computer at night--all despite the fact that I was supposed to find her a permanent home months ago. (Now that we have a digital camera, I don't have much of an excuse for not having submitted her info to a Maine Coon Rescue group like I said I'd do. I guess I'd better get on with that, huh. Sigh. . . . Sad will be the day when Mitzie leaves!!! She's been such a great cat for us I hate to pass her on!) He helps out with the Mommy chores or the Daddy chores, just whatever needs to be done. He dutifully washes dishes every night just because I hate washing dishes! On weekends he helps out with errands, chores, and laundry, or takes on home maintenance and improvement projects.
Here's what he's done this past week:
- hung up a toy sorter in baby's room, H's heart hook in her room, and the hand vac for me in the kitchen.
- figured out how to fix the side door's doorknob that's been falling apart and got it working again!
- did some more research on how to get our dishwasher installed (goal is having it installed & working before baby comes).
- surprised H & I by taking down the Christmas tree while we were napping today
- took time off work to go to my 7-mo prenatal appt
- took time off work to attend another dr appt with me and then helped out with a couple errands afterward
- helped me find a time for us to attend the temple today--the first time in about 7 months that we've been able to go together--and my first time to go in that same period of time!! I think that's the longest we've ever had between visits, and hopefully that's the most we ever have between visits again, but I guess who knows how things will work out in the future as our family grows and all that. With H sick so much this fall, and with me sleeping through the months before that, opportunities have been few and not well taken advantage of.
- he also grabbed some returns I'd meant to do this past week so that we could return them after we went to the temple. :) What a thoughtful guy!
Anyway, I just love my hubby. :)

Tonight as Daddy was taking a well-deserved break playing his retro Nintendo games, I heard H singing a sweet, little song. She said she made it up for Primary. :)
H wanted to take pictures too. Here's one of Daddy's game. The following are cropped versions of additional pictures she took.
Mommy working on picts, Daddy playing games, and Mitzie just hanging out, probably wondering why we're not all paying attention to her. ;)
She insisted on taking a pict while Daddy was playing "in the day time".

And here's a better picture than I took of my ever so delicious birthday cake S made me earlier this week. I said in a previous post that crumbs were all that were left. Well, that was all that wasn't totally true: as you can see in another picture, there was plenty of cake left! I just didn't get the camera out until after we'd eaten our pieces and only crumbs were left on our plates. I finally got around to packing some up for the freezer today. There wasn't much of a play group this week to help me finish it off, but maybe I'll remember to pull some out of the freezer for everyone next week. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Southern Spud said...

Ops, failed to mention S also squeezed in the time to fix computers for two friends! How he manages to do it all is beyond me. . . .