Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Christmas Morning


So belated, but at least it's posted, right?

I took lots of videos this Christmas.  The kids were just so much fun, and I knew pictures wouldn't turn out as cute with the dim light of early morning.


We give three gifts to the kids at Christmas.  This year, it was scripture readers, "soft" bat & ball sets (clearance, $3ea!), and footie-pjs for H ($6-7?  She's been begging for them since she outgrew hers in the summer; she just has to match Lil'S!) and a riding toy for Lil'S.  (Target had firetruck ones for $15.)  He loves riding toys and plays with it nearly every day.

We limit Santa gifts to a stocking--they are big stockings--but I must admit they were a little empty this year, not that the kids noticed!  The main gift in H's was a pair of slippers ($5) she'd been begging for on cold mornings, and Lil'S got a doll of his own ($4ish!).  At bedtime, he makes sure we put the doll's hat on and wrap it up in its blanket.  Lil'S is going to be a good big brother & a fantastic Daddy!  They also got their traditional toothbrushes & toothpastes, candy, and some Hotwheels cars (69¢ ea).  There may've been other things too, for those of you who think we deprive our kids.  ;)  (We're going for quality, not quantity!)  It's just a month later and now I can't remember!

Can you tell I'm thrilled about how little we pulled off spending on things? :)  I tend to overspend during the year, so it's nice to actually have success keeping some spending under control!



I purposely went with a larger size.  (And it helped that they were oversized anyway.)  I was NOT going to have her crying about outgrowing her footie pjs for six months before Christmas this time around!

H was totally into gift giving this year. Here are some of the many things she gave us. 

for Mommy
(minus the scriptures)


for Daddy


for Sammy


Pillow pet from G&G S


sleeping bag for Lil'S & a dress for H
thx, G&G C!!!


traditional pjs for S & I
Thanks, M&D C & M&D S!



Florence's Chocolates!  Thanks, G&G C!
(They're for us grown-ups!)





Thanks, G&G S!


We  gave in and allowed Lil'S to open his other car without having to wait for sister to open her next gift. :)
Thanks, I, J,  & W!!!


Pop beads for H
Thanks again, I & J & W!


Apparently, it was a fireman-themed Christmas for Lil'S!


H's smile here was too ecstatic to not post. 

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

Um, did you see that I just barely blogged about Halloween?! You are just fine, Mama! Do what you can when you can. :)

Southern Spud said...

Ha, YES!! I meant to comment that you weren't far behind me!

;)