Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy 30th to Me!


Okay, so, really my birthday was in early January, but I'm playing catch up and will likely continue to do so for the next three months!  I've got H's 6th birthday and party to post on next, (wait, did I even post S's back in Dec?) and then there's baby's arrival, which will actually--hopefully!--happen before that.  (I'm scheduled to be induced on Monday, but that may change...long story.)  Then there's Lil'S's at the end of March, and visits from family and baby boy's blessing.  So, bear with me, and if I disappear from Bloggerland for a while, you'll all know why!


This was S's present to me. I was surprised to get anything and had to laugh that it was one of my favorite candies.
(He's not allowed to spend money on me because I'm always overspending, so please don't think he's a total loser husband!)


We were seriously being el-cheapo.  Theses are the donuts I found on Kroger clearance.  I also got like five boxes of cookies for super cheap at the same time for my birthday party (more on that later) and for freezing to snack on later.  It was the best!


Lil'S is a total sweet tooth.  All 28lb of him!


H's present to me, funny girl!


Aw, my visiting teachers got me this wall hanging and a couple of yummy smelling lotions.  I'd been totally wanting some framed scriptures on my walls--just perfect!  It now lives in my sitting room. :) 


See the tear?  ;)

I bought myself a new alarm clock while doing some Christmas shopping and gave it to S, telling him with a smile to give it to me for Christmas.  (It wasn't exactly in our household budget, so it could go in our Christmas one, right??)  I knew my current clock would drive me crazy once middle of the night nursings started up because I have to hit a button in the dark in order to see what time it is. Well, like I did for some of his presents, he forgot to give it to me Christmas Day!  He felt very sheepish giving it to me on my birthday, but I was thrilled. :)  I now have a clock that shows the time in the dark!  (Seriously, don't most alarm clocks do that without having to be "told" to?)

Oh, and I threw myself a birthday party. :)  Turned out S had three, day-long, gratefully local conferences starting my birthday and going into the weekend.  So, Saturday afternoon, I had a bunch of friends over to chat and eat yummy food so that I wouldn't sit around and feel sorry for myself.  ;)  It was great fun!

No comments: