Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lil'S Speech Update

Through the end of summer, Mr. S (the little one) really started cruising on his language development.  He went from saying two word sentences to four, and he started saying many new sounds, as well as a few different syllables paired together.  Additionally, the letters "N" and "M" showed up at the end of some of his words.  Here are some examples.

"Mom!" or most often, "Mom-mom!"  (He would call Daddy "Da-da", naturally, but one day Daddy started calling him "S-S", and it's spread to me as well. :) )
"Run!"
"Rain"
"chee" new this past week!  (or at least it's kind of a "ch"...this is for cheese. This kid LOVES cheese of all kinds.  He could eat it all day if I'd let him.)
"doh" door

Okay, where's that list I finally typed up for his preschool and primary teachers last week?  (I ended up joining a mommy preschool coop!  Keeps us busy!)

brrrm - car
tuh - truck (fairly new, often still says brrm)
oo-oo - train (can also say toot-toot, please encourage him to say it instead)
heh - help (may also pat his chest)
nah - thank you (may tap his chin)
sorry - he'll go to the person and gently stroke them once; he'll have this super cute, penitent expression on his face :)
pay - play
eee! - eat
m-m-m - milk (may open and close his fist)
wa-wa - water
more - more
ruh, run - run
ray - rain
ouu - shoe(s)
boo! - something has been found!
boo - boots
buh - book
boh - boat
payn - plane
funny b sound, moving his tongue from one side of his mouth to the other - bubbles, berries, balloons
one
two
dee - three
or - four
ive - five
A
B
ee - C
D
E
O
U...others too, this is supposedly the quick list. ;)

If you ask him to, he can say . . .
I - I
pee - please (new this week, more likely he'll rub his chest)
me! - Me!
bay-bay - baby


This past week's sounds he paired together successfully during therapy:  "Bay-bee!"  "Mom-mee!"  "Pu-pee!" and......hmmm....what was the last?  He refuses to perform "Da-dee" for his therapist, which makes us laugh.  He'll say it at home when he's mad or excited.  The first time he said it, which was likely four or so weeks ago, was after Daddy tucked him into to bed and left the room.  I soon heard this, "DAA-DEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"  Wahoo!!

Sentences most often heard around the house:
very firmly "No, Ha!  Meh B-b-b-b!"  (No, H!  That's my car!)  Always makes me smile. :)  It may not stay that way for long, but oh, how glad I am to hear him say it now!  ;)
super soft, cute voice: "Heh me, Mom-mom!"  (Help me, Mom!)

Golden sentences:
"Me . . . oh . . . doh . . . Mi-mi!" (I opened the door for Mitzie!)  He is not a door opening child, so he was so super proud of himself!  Gratefully, as we live in a cul-de-sac off of a country highway, after he learned to open doors he quickly moved on to learning other skills and failed to apply his skill in a way that would put his life on the line.  Oh, how grateful I am!!!!

Said in super sweet voice after I help him with something, "Mom heh me!"  (Oh, my mommy loves me so much that she just helped me ___!)

super sad voice:  "Nee A-A....nee A-A...."  (Need Miss A....)  He said this after Tuesday's therapy session as he wept by the door.  He was in tears for quite a while after she left, so Wednesday we had him walk her to her car in hopes that would result in a happier goodbye.  Success!  I was grateful.  We'd tried it before with mixed results.

If it's time to go somewhere:
"oouu!" (shoes)
"haa!" (this red, white, and blue knit hat H was given years ago by our neighbor who died of cervical cancer)  An older gentlemen commented last week that he needed a baseball hat.  ;)  I had been ignoring those scalloped edges in hopes that no one else noticed either.  Foolish thought, I guess.....
"in brrrrm!"  New this past week or so!  (Let's go, Mom!  Let's get in the car!  Come on!  What's the hold-up?!?)

It's also super fun now to hear him actually talk for his cars and trucks during play.  Of course there's lots of "B-b-b-b-b-b!", but hearing him say, "heh me!" (help me!) or "uh!" (up) as he plays puts a smile on my face.  He gets all this "help me" stuff from a couple truck books he has, where one truck helps another.  Oh, and from therapy!  Miss A has a car puzzle that he puts together and then a tow truck piece that has a magnet hanging on it so that he can pick up the magnetized car pieces and put them away.

1 comment:

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

That is the exact reason we started calling our little guy Jack-Jack. Cute!