Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Baby Girl is THREE!!!

It's been a fun day for H and I.

First off, H decided she wanted pancakes for breakfast. With our bag of mix smelling a little off (about time, too, really!), I was eager to make a big batch of whole wheat pancakes from scratch.

Here's H helping stir--right as she began grabbing the baking soda and pouring it into the bowl! (That explains the great smile I got on this photo, vs. the previous ones I just went ahead and deleted.) We mixed up the dry and the liquid ingredients and then only mixed a little of the two together in order to just make a few pancakes for the two of us at that time. We excitedly added some frozen blueberries we had picked last summer, fried a couple up--the initial "sacrificial pancake" that actually didn't turn out that bad, and a snowman for H--and sat down to enjoy them. After the first several bites, however--specifically those without syrup or blueberries in them, we realized the pancakes were disgusting. Either my whole wheat was bad, or perhaps H had gotten more baking soda in them than I had thought. . . . So, I experimented a bit, and discovered that the wet ingredients I had remaining (eggs, milk, etc.) could be turned into pretty decent crepes with just a dash of vanilla and a few scoops of white flour. PHEW! Breakfast is saved!

I'm grateful I'd seen a Good Eats episode where Alan Brown stored crepes by placing them in between layers of wax paper and placing them in the refrigerator. I think we're having crepes tomorrow. . . .

When Papa came home, very unfortunately with a headache, H was thrilled to be presented with a package from G&G S. (She had already opened her package from G&G C--pretty much as soon after it arrived as she could!) Here are some pictures:






And then it was on to drawing and painting with her art kit.
I probably have five videos of all the fun she had!
Showing off her fudge-face after helping make brownies.
(Once we're all healthy again, we'll have cake & ice cream with friends.)
Once she was washed up, she was back to drawing and painting!
Time for singing the Happy Birthday song.
(Notice the paint supplies? She wouldn't let us move them!)
After we sang, she declared, "Me paint . . . now!"

I afterward learned why H didn't want to come to the table and had to be assisted by her Papa. She thought I was going to light the candle. :) She was very much relieved when I reminded her that I bought the 3 candle BECAUSE I knew she didn't want fire on her birthday cake!

1 comment:

Brookey said...

Our kids are growing much too quickly. I'm finished and you are starting. Yikes. What adventures await us huh?