Thursday, February 26, 2009

Change is good (um, usually. . . .)


(At least this type of change is good.)

We've been having some actual progress on improving our apartment lately, and I must say it's certainly a relief. I'd have to search around to see if I have any "before" shots. (Most likely I'd find them among pictures H's taken--although I can't remember having seen any of them.) Maybe I'll have to draw a floor plan of what it used to be like to give some kind of idea of what a crammed place it was. (And if you think it's a mess now, which it really is, think of how bad it might have been before!) I feel like I'm finally starting to get all moved in. Ahh, what a nice feeling that is. . . .

(Sorry, it's laundry day for the linens.)
No more bachelor chest eating up the walkway--just a pile of stuff to bulldoze through! That's not as difficult to dodge, considering I had to turn my hips in order to avoid hitting them on the corners of the chest. Whenever the time comes--no, not an announcement, it looks like we may actually have room to put the bassinet there instead of inside the walk-in closet.

I'm sure there are laws against putting an infant in a closet, but until now there hasn't been much space elsewhere for the first few months. When baby's sleeping for longer periods of time, we'll move him/her to H's room. We want to disturb as little of her--and our--sleep as possible!
It's exciting for me to have curtains that match my bedding! It's taken me a LONG time to accumulate coordinating items, and it's so refreshing to actually get to use them! Behind the lamp there is the shelf that goes in my grandmother's cedar chest. S and I need to work on that together.
And here's the bachelor chest!
(It wasn't as messy when we first moved it there, I promise.)
I found that picture hanging on the wall on clearance at Kroger--of all places--for $7! What a nice way to add a little more of my accent color to the room!

I'll get all the clutter cleared off the dresser and bachelor chest eventually. I have to take care of what's on the floor first so we don't trip and injure ourselves.

No comments: