Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Will Survive!

The next few blogs (if they actually get written!) will be my daily (ha, or however frequent) log on surviving my longest period of time without my husband. Okay, many women have their heads screwed on properly and can make it just fine without their men around. However, that's not me. Forty-five minutes after dropping off S at the airport I sent out a cry for help: an email to all my Relief Society ladies offering to pay someone to come and help me preserve my sanity. I asked for a total of 6 hrs at the time (2x this coming week, once the week following). This morning, I re-asked one of the responders for 8 hrs (3x this coming week, once the week following). Having a friend come and help is much cheaper than flying out Grandmas, otherwise I'd be on the phone pleading! ;) By the time I got three amazingly quick responses this morning, H had already spent 3/4ths of the morning tantruming (really just her usual routine with how sleep deprived she's been lately--oh, and did I mention the sign of things to come last night that triggered the email was her having an accident--in the bathroom?), and had even knocked her breakfast bowl of cereal off the table and broke it. While thinking just a second ago about how she'd been attacked by ants in her car seat on our way home from church this afternoon, I realized I needed to think more positively through all this or I just wasn't going to make it. So, my positive thought for this afternoon is this: "At least there wasn't any milk in her bowl when she broke it this morning."

Happy Sunday!

Oh, yeah, it's the Fourth of July, isn't it?

Happy Fourth of July!!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I've been there too, so I can empathize. When Paul went to Japan for 11 days and E was just two months, I wondered how I would ever do it. But I did it. You will survive. It is possible. You'll find that you get into a routine, and manage to do things on your own that you're not used to doing on your own. Some days will be easier than others, but you will survive. It's good that you weren't afraid to ask for help, and I'm glad to hear that you found some. Good luck. How long is he gone for?

Southern Spud said...

Thanks, Robyn! :) And, hey, he's in your neck of the woods! He's in London for 10/11 days. Today's definitely been an easier day than the previous! :)