Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just an update. . . .

I'm still at 35 cm even though I'm 39 weeks, but I have again gained a couple pounds. Hopefully at least some of that went to baby! If I'm still measuring 35 next week, I'll ask for another ultrasound to check on his size. (Maybe I should have done that this week. I read up on asthma & pregnancy the other night. The American College of Obs & Gyns stated in Feb '09 that preg women with asthma should be asked about their symptoms every month and those with moderate/severe asthma should be considered for monitoring for fetal growth and activity starting at 32 weeks.) My PA said last week's ultrasound put him at only the 21st percentile. I often can't walk at a normal speed anymore--even for a few steps!--without getting out of breath, but maybe that's just late pregnancy!

I am actually progressing toward labor, even if only a little. I am still posterior, but I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm, which was better than I was with H! I don't think I was even 1 cm when I went in to be induced a week late.

Unfortunately, H's sick with something. It's too early to tell what it is, but I'm really hoping it's not the flu. We've both been sniffily lately, which I wasn't sure if I should attribute to spring flowers or mild colds. However, I took her temp this afternoon when she felt a little warm, and she had a low-grade fever. It's 101.4 right now, and she's felt achy, which isn't a comforting sign. I'm hoping it's just another UTI--not contagious and easily remedied, at least now that we know the correct med to give her! She's played with a different set of friends every morning this week, and I sure hope she hasn't passed this around. (SO SORRY if that's the case, Ladies!!!!) Tomorrow is play group, and Friday was going to be my last day working at M, a nursery for moms attending a worship service, so I'm especially disappointed about this. (I love being paid to hold babies and chat with friends!) I guess I'll get over it, though. ;)

On a more cheerful note, right now S and a friend are picking up a sleeper sofa for our sitting room! I'm so excited! Thanks to the help of a couple great friends last Saturday, there's now a place to put it (I should have taken & posted before & after picts!), and S said we could finally get one, even though our budget is tight. (But as long as I behave myself with groceries this next week, we'll still be within the month's pay! Yay!) It could use a little steam cleaning, but it's a pretty fabric and in decent shape--esp for $50. Actually, it's very similar to the couches my parents have in their living room, so really I was just thrilled to see it posted on CL!

We're also hoping to get a bookcase picked up sometime soon. Our plywood one in the sitting room lost a shelf while Seth was trying to fix its bottom shelf last Saturday during our sitting room clean-up. I found a potential replacement on Craigslist that has bottom cabinets for only $25! If it's as nice looking as the picture shows, it's a steal! It's not as deep as I prefer, but that doesn't matter as long as it's stable and will hold the books we need it to. The owner said he's avail Sat. We'll see if it works out!

No comments: