Friday, March 19, 2010

Curly Hair



I really want to cut/trim H's hair before baby and family come. There are going to be too many pictures taken during a time when I'm most definitely not going to have the time to think about what her hair looks like. I'd like to do it myself because I'm such a control freak when it comes to hair. (Okay, maybe control freak isn't the right word. . . .) Pretty much, if I'm going to expend the effort to have it done, I want it to turn out the way I want it! :)


I want to keep the hair in front swept to the side as it is because that hair usually lays flat when left to itself anyway. Although, there is a little curl starting up to the side on the top, as you can see in the next picture. :)


Following are some "Wild Thing!" picts:


Her hair at the top of her head is longer than the hair underneath when it should be the other way around!

Here it is after I've finger-combed the back.

Her face shape is much like this, but her hair isn't as curly on top, so I'm not sure if we can pull off this look as her hair grows or not. . . .

. . . . Who was it that wrote that "ultimate" book on the care of curly hair, in all its varieties?

These two women, esp the one on the left, sport more the shape I want her hair to have--but with soft, little girl curls. The hair on top is straight, and then the sides and back are layered in a short cut. This is how I want her hair to look after it's been finger-combed! When she actually lets us wet it and put conditioner in it, then it'll curl more, like the following picture. However, hers won't be nearly as thick. (I really need a sweet, innocent little girl picture of this hairstyle!)



http://beauty.about.com/od/curlyhairstyles/ss/curlyhair2_9.htm

Here's how H's hair kinda looks after we've had to chance to "do" it, although her curls are not nearly as syncronized! It's not really my thing, although it's nice to see someone else sporting the same look!

Probably the best article I've come across regarding the taming of curly hair. It covers most everything I've read in a number of articles. Nice to have all the info in one place!

So, anyway, I think just shortening the back and leaving the top and sides (mostly) alone will do the trick, since the top and sides are already pretty short. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you don't think she really needs the back shortened, you haven't seen this:

Time to cut? Um, yeah, I'd say so!

No comments: