Sunday, March 21, 2010

What is growing in my yard?


It's officially spring, and my yard shows it!
But what is everything?

H having a hard time putting down her apple so I could take a picture. Ironically, this pict turned out cuter than the others. Had to share!

Here's the "better posed" one.
Okay, so it's pretty cute too!

Here's what she was holding.
Is it mint? It's growing all over the place!
(Click any picture to see it larger. My camera doesn't do macro shots.
I need to pull out the camera A lent me.)



The yard is simply carpeted with different colored flowers. These dark purple blossoms (little hard to see in the pict) are growing in the shadiest areas of the yard. Sunny locations are filled with the blue flowers pictured very first in this post, and less lush areas have small, white blossoms.


These are also those blue ones. I don't know why my camera keeps turning them white.

Are these wild onions?
Are they edible?
Where's my Google Search box?


Ah, it could be wild onion (or garlic or leek), or it could be death camas. Hmmm . . . that's exciting. I'm glad an onion (or garlic or leek) smells like an onion (or garlic or leek)! These things grow all over the yard as well. S found larger ones on Friday. The one he picked for me was almost as big as the green onions you'd find in the store. I didn't smell it, though. We should probably do that, huh. . . .

No comments: