Sunday, March 21, 2010

Things that make me SMILE

I'm 40 wks. I look around my house and think, "Am I really ready to have 14+ people come and visit, all at one time? (No, not everyone is staying here! Wouldn't that be crazy???) Then, I sit and the computer and blog some more. It's Sunday. I'm sure I could be doing something better with my time today. But, that's okay. I'm 40 wks. I think I'm just going to enjoy sitting. It's a lot easier than a lot of things I could be doing right now, and I think I'll be plenty busy enough by next week--at least.

So, for your reading pleasure, here are some things that make this 40-wks-along woman happy.

1. What every pregnant woman needs: a pedicure!

Dear A is an amazing friend. She spoiled me with a gift certificate and took care of H last week so I could go get pampered. I was nervous going into it--I've never been one for manicures and the like--but she'd told me about the great massages they gave at this place, so I figured it'd be worth it. IT WAS. And I have to confess . . . I like having metallic blue toenails!

2. Cute, new pajamas!

(pict coming)

My mom mailed these out to me last week. We were both surprised to find they're actually pretty comfy now. (I'm sure they'll still fit post-partum, at least for a while.) Cozy, soft pajamas. Mmmm....just thinking about them makes me want to go lay down and sleep.

3. Springtime!

There are lots of things that come with springtime that make me happy!

My shrubs are blooming.

My violas are blooming.

My basil is sprouting!
I realized while planting it that it'd probably start
coming up around the time baby was due. . . .

I've discovered more flowering bulbs were planted by previous owners. I wonder what they are. . . . (I need to mark these so I can dig them up in the fall. Most of them are actually growing outside the flower bed!)

And last, but CERTAINLY not least. . . .

5. A new dishwasher!!!

S got all the dishwasher connections prepared yesterday! Now we just have to wait till Wednesday when the one we ordered from Home Depot will be delivered. I wonder if I'll still be home to see it. . . .

No comments: